Plan International Canada
|Digital Creative Designer/Editor in Chief
Location: Toronto or Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: October 5, 2023
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are an inspiring team of intelligent disruptors who challenge each other to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
As a Digital Creative Designer and Producer, you will play a pivotal role in conceptualizing, designing, and producing visually compelling and interactive digital assets for paid and organic campaigns. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute creative campaigns, ensuring that the digital content aligns with brand guidelines, engages the target audience, and delivers a seamless user experience. You will report into the senior digital editor and be a member of the Brand Content and Creative Services (BCCS) team. Approximately half of your time will be on organic campaigns and the other half will involve working with the digital marketing team on paid campaigns.
What does success look like?
- Creative Design and Conceptualization: Collaborate with stakeholders, including marketing managers and BCCS digital creative leads, to understand project objectives and develop innovative concepts and designs for both digital paid and organic campaigns. Create visual assets such as website graphics, social media content, video editing, display ads (static and HTML5), infographics, and interactive elements. Write the accompanying digital-first text to support the campaign theme for both digital and organic posts.
- Production and Execution: Manage the end-to-end production process for digital creative projects. Utilize design software and tools to bring concepts to life, ensuring high-quality and on-brand deliverables. Coordinate with developers, animators, videographers, and other specialists to integrate interactive and multimedia elements into digital assets.
- User Experience (UX) and Visual Design: Apply user-centered design principles to create intuitive and visually appealing digital experiences. Develop wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups to communicate design concepts and gather feedback. Optimize designs for various devices and platforms, ensuring a seamless and engaging user journey.
- Brand Guidelines Adherence: Ensure that all digital assets maintain consistency with brand guidelines, including visual identity, typography, color schemes, and tone of voice. Collaborate with the brand team to evolve and update brand guidelines as needed.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Conduct comprehensive quality checks on digital assets to ensure accuracy, functionality, and optimal performance across different browsers, devices, and screen resolutions. Troubleshoot and resolve any design or technical issues that may arise.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, content, and development teams, to align creative vision with campaign objectives. Effectively communicate design concepts, project progress, and technical requirements to stakeholders. Incorporate feedback and iterate on designs based on stakeholder input.
- Industry Trends and Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices in digital creative design and production. Proactively identify opportunities for innovation and enhancement of digital assets.
- Project Management and Organization: Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery within budget and deadlines. Develop and maintain project timelines, track progress, and communicate project status to stakeholders. Collaborate with project managers to ensure efficient workflow and resource allocation.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital media, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a digital creative designer or similar role, preferably in an agency or marketing environment.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of digital design projects, including websites, social media campaigns, display ads, and interactive elements.
- Proficiency in design software and tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Sketch, or Figma.
- Solid understanding of user experience (UX) design principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with HTML, HTML5, CSS, and web development frameworks is advantageous.
- Knowledge of motion graphics, video editing, and animation software (e.g., After Effects, Premiere Pro) is a plus.
- Excellent visual design skills, including composition, color theory, typography, and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome design and technical challenges.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources efficiently.
To express interest in this exciting opportunity at Plan International Canada, please apply with your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply by October 10, 2023.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace and equal opportunity employer, committed to championing accessibility and diversity. We encourage individuals from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required. Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!