|National Operations Producer
Location: remote/anywhere, 0
Posted: November 7, 2023
Deadline: December 7, 2023
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Postmedia is looking for a digital expert to support the development of strategic initiatives across our network in the email, registration, and subscription space. This role reports to the Director of Newsletters on the National Strategy and Operations Team at Postmedia and works closely with newsrooms and cross-functional teams at the organization.
Our newsrooms are full of rich storytellers — this person will support our platform specialists in strategy development and execution, working with journalists on how to best connect with our readers, whether that’s a weekly newsletter from a popular local personality, a regular video series explaining a complex issue, or a dedicated focus on a topic shaping our world right now.
This role is a little bit of everything, through the lens of reader engagement and subscription growth: There is opportunity to work on transformation strategy, content development, product ideation, and leadership initiatives. There is a strong learning culture within our organization, and this candidate will also play an important role in implementing change and supporting an environment of experimentation.
What you'll do:
- Helping newsrooms identify opportunities to create email, registration, and subscription incentives, including newsletter development, commenting best practices, reader engagement and events.
- Assist in the implementation of new organizational initiatives across Postmedia newsrooms, including support for training.
- Work with National Strategy and Operations team on transformation practices within newsrooms, including processes involving workflow, role shaping, internal communication practices.
- Consult with cross-functional teams outside editorial on needs tied to newsroom initiatives, like a regular touchpoint with the audience relationship management team on subscriber growth.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of least three years of newsroom experience, with knowledge of email and audience strategy.
- You are comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders in high-pressure situations.
- You are a collaborative teammate who is not afraid of trying new things or having difficult conversations.
- You believe in a people-driven culture, supported by data.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Please forward your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: